




These pictures are from April 27th. I'm just trying to catch up. This message was also written then, I just didn't post it at the time because I had no pictures. Here it is:
My friend, Natalie, has blog tagged me. That means that I have to give 7 facts about myself and tag another friend who blogs so that eventually we will all know 7 facts about someone!
1. I've begun writing stories and poems again. I think I did most of my creative writing when I was 10 years old, and then one short stint in a writing class at university, and it's been writer's block ever since. Not anymore! I guess we'll see how long it lasts! I'm truly enjoying it.
2. I've been planning a pretty extensive vegetable garden for this summer, and some things are already in the ground and in pots and seedlings inside. I had to put a sheet over some of them for tonight because it is supposed to get pretty cold! I'm probably the most excited about the purple carrots I planted. It will be so cool to eat purple carrots!
3. I have learned a lot about homeopathy as a way of healing and living. I love how well it has helped me with my lower back pain (it's gone, no more low back pain) and also my excema (it's gone completely as well). I never thought I'd be able to say either of those things. I was told I'd have back problems for my whole life and I also figured that I would have excema forever unless I moved to a humid country. Nope, just needed to get homeopathic treatment. It is so refreshing to trust a health care provider to actually be able to help me!
4. My favourite ice cream flavour right now is tied between chocolate almond and coffee crisp.
5. My two favourite Iron Chefs in the TV show "Iron Chef America" are Mario Batali and Bobby Flay.
6. I love the TV show "Flight of the Conchords," it's hilarious, and provides Makeba with some great favourite songs! Her current favourite is called "She's so hot...BOOM!" It's a reggae song, and she happens to love reggae of all kinds. I think it has something to do with the amount of reggae music she heard in utero. We were in the Caribbean when she was very tiny in the womb (I believe the book said she was the size of a cashew) and then when we came back to Edmonton, I just wanted to dance to reggae all the time! Now, it's Makeba who wants to dance to reggae all the time!
7. I am so happy that I am a mom it is almost ridiculous. My little girl is so wonderful. I am truly lucky to be able to make her my life's work. Don't get me wrong, I still want to do things for myself, and sometimes feel totally overwhelmed, but I'm just grateful that I can be what census Canada calls a "home maker" (even though I don't particularly like the title) and spend time watching my daughter learn and teaching my daughter all sorts of stuff about life. We have fun together and we laugh a lot!
Okay, Natalie, I did it. Are you surprised?
No comments:
Post a Comment