

Hello All!
It has been a long time, but we are back in the saddle, so to speak. I think it is interesting that our second baby, Althea, is now around the same age as Makeba was when I first started this blog. I guess the first six months keep me too busy breastfeeding to be able to do much else!
Well, we are now a family of four and (mostly) lovin' it! Makeba and Althea are best buddies. Althea has the biggest smiles for Makeba, bigger even than those she has for her parents! Makeba loves to feed Althea and pick her up, even though mama doesn't necessarily love that she does these things when I'm not looking!
This time around, Annand will not be taking a parental leave as he is in a different job. When Makeba was born he worked for the government, and now he finds himself running the kitchen of one of Canada's top 100 restaurants, Culina Highlands. He is an awesome chef and we are so happy that he has found his niche!
Makeba goes to the neighbourhood preschool (Riverdale Preschool) which has been put together again for the first time since the early '90s. She is learning the most important lessons of sharing and taking turns and respect for self and others. She wants to learn how to play the violin and loves writing her alphabet letters and her name. She still loves singing and dancing and playing creative imaginary games.
Althea is eating a variety of foods such as avocado, applesauce, cooked carrots and yams, rice cereal and baby mum mum teething biscuits. She laughs a lot and tries talking and singing, mostly just different ways of using her voice. She is sitting up on her own and practising crawling, but mostly just moves backwards.
I am working on a few writing and knitting projects and I also endeavor to start some piano lessons. On Wednesdays there is a playgroup in the other room at the community league (the other room is Makeba's preschool) and we often enjoy a lunch date with some friends we meet at the playgroup afterschool. On Thursdays we go to the downtown public library for story time.
I'm not promising to post on here very often, but there will be some sporadic posts, for sure. I will try my best!
Love, at long last,
Hania
2 comments:
Love those baby laughs!! (Although my cats didn't really care for the sounds Makeba was making to provoke the laughter... ;) Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful girls and the goings-on in your life. I miss you guys and drink in every drop you have to share! With much love -- Anne
Hey! You were blogging again! You should continue ... your family is the most beautiful and I like hearing how things are going!
Post a Comment