Here are some more recent pictures of our Makeba. She loves stickers... her favourite thing to do with them is put them on her face and our faces. Go figure! Eating chicken noodle soup that she requested I make for her, from scratch, for supper that night! She definitely knows what she wants! Oy. Oh, that's another thing. She's picking up all sorts of interesting things that I say, like Ay, yay, yay, and Oy!
She also has gotten into playing "mama and baby" and turns anything from her toy flashlight, to a doll into a "baby" and likes to wear her babies in a sling like we did with her when she was way too small to remember! We still sometimes put her in the "Ergo" backpack, so sometimes she calls it an ergo (which sounds more like igor when she says it).
Also, her imagination is in no danger, as she believes herself to be a baby tiger and everyone around her is also a tiger, for example, I am the mama tiger, Annand is the dada tiger and aside from grandparents and their titles, everyone else is their name and then tiger, like Santosh is Santosh tiger. We have also been skunks, monsters, and cats. It all depends on Makeba's mood and she decides what we are. Rarely are we ever just Makeba, mama and dada anymore. BUT, if you try to tell her she is something other than baby _______ (insert animal of choice) then she says, "no! I'm MaKEba!" very emphatically!
Lastly, of course I had to include her first picture with St. Nicholas/Santa Claus.
Now we anxiously await the arrival of my parents for Christmas!
Peace,
Hania
P.S. Natalie, this one's for you! Actually, the last one was, and I knew you'd be the first to see it! Thanks for your unfailing loyalty!
No comments:
Post a Comment