Here are a few pics of Makeba on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. My brother dressed up as Santa for the kids (Makeba and my nephew, Evan) we did traditional Ukrainian Christmas Eve supper at my brother Mark's house as they have a new baby and arrived home from the hospital that day. My mom and dad and Annand and I got the food all ready and Andrew (younger brother) and Catherine (his wife) prepared the great Santa surprise for the kids. They were so excited! It was really cute! She still tells me randomly about the monster book Santa gave her!
So, Catherine and Andrew also got her a guitar, and she LOVES it! On Christmas morning she opened the tea set we got her and the djembe drum we got her. As soon as she saw the drum, she yelled, "let's jam!" and grabbed her guitar. Then she looked around and put her tea pot on the drum and used it as a microphone! She was a one-toddler show! It was awesome!
Later we went to Annand's parent's house for dinner and she was ready for the presents! She kept looking around for more presents to open! She woke up from the nap she was having when we got there and her first thought was "presents!"
She had a truly generous Christmas and really enjoyed it. I think she loved the family all getting together, especially the attention she's getting!
Well, we hope you all had a lovely Christmas and that the new year treats you well.
Peace,
Hania
2 comments:
Cute pics! We missed you guys terribly at the baby party :( I love Makeba's sling in that one pic, so stylish! That is so cute too, her playing the guitar and singing into the teapot. I took djembe lessons a couple of years ago, now me and Makeba can jam! :) Take care you guys, miss you!
You are so brave, giving a two-year-old a djembe! Such a fun gift! I only saw just this week that Miriam Makeba died this year, and I felt incredibly sad, because of your Makeba.
Post a Comment